Saturday, May 4, 2013

Topsy Turvy World

We are living in marvelous times. I call the times "marvelous" because I "marvel" at how society has allowed political correctness to rule the day. I grew up in simple times. Times when the lines between right and wrong were fairly clear cut. I was told where my parents drew the line between what was right and wrong and I paid the price for crossing that line. I was held accountable for conducting myself according to rules of what was right and wrong. If I crossed that line at school I paid the price with the school, then I paid the price again when I got home. I was expected to "act right" and obey the rules (of right and wrong) at school. My parents supported the teachers and the school administration in whatever disciplinary actions they took to correct my "wrong" behavior. Today is not the same "times" I grew up in.

Satan would like you to believe that the lines between right and wrong are blurred. He would like you to believe those lines are ambiguous and can be moved as it suits you. He would like for you to believe that it does not matter what you "do" just what you believe is right in your own heart. So just go ahead and indulge yourself.

God has given us His set of "rights and wrongs," the Bible (law). Cross God's line and you will pay the price. I did not say that, God did.

Rom 3:23 - The wages of sin is death.
Num 32:23 - Be sure your sin will find you out.
1 John 3:4 - Sin is the transgression of the law.
Heb 9:27 It is appointed unto man once to die, but after this the judgment.

America is heading down a very dangerous path. It is a path which leads us further and further away from God. Our Father has graciously warned us of this in scripture when He inspired the prophet Isaiah to pen these words:

WOE unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter. - Isa 5:20

No comments:

Post a Comment