Saturday, April 6, 2013

Farewell Brother Cliff

Cliff & Patricia Ward
Just two weeks ago I featured Brother Cliff Ward. This past Monday he suffered a fatal heart attack. He was literally two minutes from the hospital but still he did not make it. Just last Sunday at church (Resurrection Sunday) he was laughing and enjoying the worship of our Lord. He shared the Lord's Supper that morning with us and commented how much he loved to celebrate the Lord's table with the church. Cliff was considered by many to be the grandfather of the church. He always had a kind word of encouragement for anyone and everyone. He loved to have the kids from the church come to "the country" as he liked to call his place in Waller. Cliff will be severely missed, but we know that our loss is heaven's gain. His wife Patricia (Angel as he called her) I am sure welcomed him with open arms. 

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." - John 14:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment